CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) – A man shot before crashing into an east Charlotte home Friday morning has died.
The incident happened around 9:12 a.m. at a home on Pinyon Lane off of Harrisburg Road.
Police say the man who crashed into the home, which sparked a fire, had been shot in the chest. He was pronounced dead by Medic. The man apparently lived nearby.
Police say they are investigating the man’s death as a homicide.
Police say one person was in the house at the time. That person is not hurt, but will have to find another place to stay until their home is repaired.
No names have been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina AG Stein: Company fined $150K for price gouging PPE
- Health officials confirm COVID-19 case at Dan Forest rally
- Life science testing company announces expansion in Durham, bringing nearly 900 new jobs
- Girl Scouts tweet, then delete post congratulating Amy Coney Barrett
- State Board of Elections tells Carrboro to remove Black Lives Matter flags from town hall
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.