NAGS HEAD, N.C. (WAVY) — A Maryland man died Thursday while swimming in the ocean in Nags Head.
Roberta Thuman with the Town of Nags Head says the 51-year-old man was from Davidsonville, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County.
Emergency crews responded around 3 p.m. for a report of a man found floating in the water near the 8300 block of South Old Oregon Inlet Road. He was brought onto the beach and CPR was given, but he was later pronounced dead.
Thuman says the exact cause of death is unknown at this time, but an investigation is underway. She said “no swimming” red flags were not posted Thursday in Nags Head.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- What does the orange dot on my iPhone mean?
- NC man jailed on $1 million bond for statutory rape of 15-year-old
- Man arrested after shooting at Outer Banks, deputies say
- NCSU football parents allowed to attend home opener
- Durham armed robbery leads to police chase that ended in crash
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now