MOORESVILLE, N.C. (WBTV) – The Iredell County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that a person was pronounced deceased after leaping from a pontoon boat to go swimming in Lake Norman.
The body of the deceased man was not immediately discovered.
Only after first responders from surrounding counties and municipalities arrived was the man’s body found in an area of the lake which was described as being 59-feet-deep.
Captain Brian Fink reported that the person jumped from the boat shortly after 2 p.m. and was part of a group of 12 people who were on the watercraft this afternoon.
No further information has been released at this time.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- Wake Forest neighbors of husband accused of killing wife say there was history of domestic violence
- 580+ videos released by Raleigh police capture candid moments of officers during George Floyd protests
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now