ASHEVILLE, NC (WSPA) – Asheville Police Department officials said a man faces charges after he attacked someone with a machete during an argument in downtown Asheville Tuesday morning.
According to a news release, officers were called to a fight in progress at the Hot Spot on Asheland Avenue at around 9:45 a.m.
A preliminary investigation revealed that two people were involved in an argument and a third person then “suddenly attacked one of the others with a machete.”
The victim only suffered minor injuries, officials said.
Officers took Keyon Shagari Harris, 40, of Asheville into custody and charged him with assault with a deadly weapon and injury to personal property.
He was taken to the Buncombe County Detention Center, where he was being held on $3,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Group hosts celebration of life for Evelyn Boswell, whose mom is charged in her death
- Airlines hope proven cleaning techniques will bring passengers back to flying
- Possibly impaired driver smashes car into Raleigh flower shop, police say
- All-Black officiating crew makes NFL history
- Trio arrested in drive-by shooting that killed 10-year-old girl; 21 bullets fired into home