LEXINGTON, N.C. (WGHP) – A man is in custody as he is accused of shooting and killing another man at a party in Lexington, according to a Lexington Police Department news release.
At 11:50 p.m. on Aug. 15, Lexington police responded to a call about a shooting in the area of 702 Dixie St.
Responding officers found a large crowd in the area and a victim with a gunshot wound in a home on 702 Dixie Street.
Officers administered life saving measures until Davidson County EMS arrived on scene.
The victim, Melvin Charles Clark Jr., 35, of Lexington, was taken to WFU Lexington Medical Center by EMS and later died from his injuries.
On Tuesday, police charged Brienden Dewayne Lytch-Haywood, of High Point, with murder. He was held in Guilford County under no bond.
Information gathered at the scene indicates that a party was happening at the home and unknown suspects started shooting.
Multiple spent shell casings were found at the scene, and several vehicles were shot.
Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, Denton Police Department and North Carolina Highway
Patrol assisted with crowd control.
Police ask that anyone with information regarding this incident contact the Lexington Police
Department at (336) 243-3302 or Lexington Area Crime Stoppers at 336-243-2400.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake County authorities say safety concerns over possible protests extend beyond Capitol grounds
- Starbucks closing some NYC stores ahead of Inauguration Day ‘out of an abundance of caution’
- 14-year-old bicyclist struck and killed in Charlotte
- Book Harvest celebrates 10th annual Dream Big Book Drive on MLK Jr. Day
- Police station, cars damaged by protesters, officials say