CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – A man was killed in northeast Charlotte, marking the city’s 100th homicide of the year, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police said.
The murder occurred shortly before 9:29 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 28 near the 5000 block of Princess Street. As CMPD officers got to the scene, they found a man with an apparent gunshot wound inside of a house. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to sources at the scene, a construction worker who had arrived to do work on the home discovered the man’s body. The victim had reportedly just moved into the house.
Homicide Unit detectives have responded to the scene to conduct an investigation, and Crime Scene Search responded to process the scene and collect physical evidence.
No further information has been released at this time.
The investigation into this case is active and ongoing, CMPD said. Anyone with information is asked to call 704-432-TIPS and speak directly to a Homicide Unit detective.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC State, William & Mary cancel Monday game due to coronavirus
- Suspect sought in deadly Jacksonville shooting
- Wake Forest teen battling colon cancer ‘thankful’ for support and spending holiday with family
- Thousands travel through RDU over Thanksgiving, but numbers plummet from last year
- 1 wounded after shots fired into car along Glenwood Avenue in North Raleigh