SALISBURY, N.C. (WBTV) – An argument between two customers inside the Waffle House on East Innes Street ended with gunfire on Sunday morning, according to police.
Investigators say two men came into the restaurant at around 3 a.m. and started arguing. After several minutes of a verbal altercation, one of the men shot the other several times.
The victim was airlifted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem. He underwent surgery and is now listed in critical but stable condition.
There were other customers in the restaurant at the time, but no one was else was injured.
No arrest has been made and police are still investigating the case.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- American honey may contain traces of nuclear fallout from 50s and 60s, study says
- LeBron James deletes tweet targeting police officer who fatally shot 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant
- Obama urges Black Americans to ‘keep marching, keep speaking up, keep voting’
- Advocates push NC lawmakers to pass act that allows patients in long-term care at least 1 visitor
- What’s behind the push for a fourth stimulus check