SALISBURY, N.C. (WBTV) – An argument between two customers inside the Waffle House on East Innes Street ended with gunfire on Sunday morning, according to police.
Investigators say two men came into the restaurant at around 3 a.m. and started arguing. After several minutes of a verbal altercation, one of the men shot the other several times.
The victim was airlifted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem. He underwent surgery and is now listed in critical but stable condition.
There were other customers in the restaurant at the time, but no one was else was injured.
No arrest has been made and police are still investigating the case.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- Third stimulus check: GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- ‘Juvenile male’ shot while inside Durham home, police say
- Former Make-A-Wish CEO, wife of Wake Forest asst. basketball coach arrested on theft charges
- NC adds more than 120 COVID-19 deaths as hospitalizations continue to drop