WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – A hunting accident ended with one man in the hospital for non-life threatening injuries Saturday morning.
Just before 8 a.m. on Hoover Road north of N.C. 210 in Hampstead, 62-year-old Ernest G. Shingleton was shot by his son, 24-year-old Jacob E. Shingleton, according to North Carolina Wildlife Officer Clayton Ludwick.
The men were hunting deer with dogs when a deer ran between the two, both men fired and Ernest was hit in the leg/hip area.
The state is investigating the incident and it is unclear at this point if there will be any charges filled, according to Ludwick.
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rep. Mark Walker announces run for US Senate in 2022
- ‘Not a pop-up’: 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- NewsNation, WGN America coming to YouTube TV in January 2021
- Fayetteville road rage incident leads to assault, police say
- Fayetteville man purchases $20 Loaded ticket, wins last $100,000 prize