LEXINGTON, N.C. (WGHP) — Lexington police are investigating after a man was shot and killed at a party on Saturday, according to a Lexington Police Department news release.
At 11:50 p.m., Lexington police responded to a call about a shooting in the area of 702 Dixie Street.
Responding officers found a large crowd in the area and a victim with a gunshot wound in a home on 702 Dixie Street.
Officers administered life saving measures until Davidson County EMS arrived on scene.
The victim, Melvin Charles Clark Jr., 35, of Lexington, was taken to WFU Lexington Medical Center by EMS and later died from his injuries.
Information gathered at the scene indicates that a party was happening at the home and unknown suspects started shooting.
Multiple spent shell casings were found at the scene, and several vehicles were shot.
Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, Denton Police Department and North Carolina Highway
Patrol assisted with crowd control.
Police ask that anyone with information regarding this incident contact the Lexington Police
Department at (336) 243-3302 or Lexington Area Crime Stoppers at 336-243-2400.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Miami stuns No. 16 Louisville 78-72
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson 85-50 to stay perfect in ACC
- Gun show in Raleigh draws crowds; some concerned gun laws could change
- Woman dies in NC crash; other driver had license revoked, was speeding, police say
- Fabbri’s late goal lifts Red Wings over Hurricanes 4-2