KITTY HAWK, N.C. (WNCN) – A person was struck by lightning while swimming at the Outer Banks, according to a Facebook post by Kitty Hawk police.
First responders were dispatched to the 3800 block of North Virginia Dare Trail in Kitty Hawk at about 2:50 p.m. Friday. The 23-year-old man was hit by lightning while swimming in the ocean with friends, the post said.
The man was transported to the hospital in unknown condition.
“Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time of uncertainty,” police wrote.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Triangle businesses feel impacts of coronavirus spread; schools have plan prepared
- Alvarado has 19 points as Georgia Tech tops Clemson, 68-59
- UNC ends 7-game losing streak, sweeps season set against NC State in 85-79 win
- Mom of missing Tenn. toddler arrested, charged with false reporting
- Stars score 3 goals in 1st period, beat Hurricanes 4-1 as emergency goalie is honored
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now