MEBANE, N.C. (WGHP) — A Mebane woman has been charged with multiple felonies after a man was found dead in her home, according to the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office.
At about 7:43 a.m. Sunday, deputies responded to a report of a person in cardiac arrest at 2219 Bordeaux Drive in Mebane.
At the scene, Alamance County EMS pronounced Jonathan Ray Jacobs, of Mebane, dead.
The sheriff’s office launched an investigation, and Kandie Kelley Stec, 50, was charged with felony obstruction of justice, felony destruction of criminal evidence, and selling and delivering a
They believe Stec gave Jacobs heroin, then tried to destroy the evidence and lie to investigators.
She was booked into the Alamance County jail under a $75,000 secured bond.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff’s office at (336) 570-6300 or Crime Stoppers at (336) 229-7100.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh bar – site of numerous shootings, stabbings – loses alcohol permit
- 3-vehicle crash closes US 401 at Ten Ten Road for about an hour
- Raleigh nonprofit clinic serving uninsured people receives $200K grant
- New Orleans Police: 2 officers ‘ambushed’ in French Quarter
- Judge orders 11-year-old boy behind bars to await trial for allegedly killing 6-year-old neighbor
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now