Get ready to hear that eerie noise that can only come from a cicada.
Experts say a massive amount of the noisy bugs are making their way to the skies after 17 years underground.
They believe as many as one and half million cicadas may emerge in parts of Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina.
The insects do not pose a threat to people.
They don’t bite or sting, but they could damage trees.
- Opposing groups face off in demonstrations in downtown Raleigh
- NC officials discuss decriminalizing marijuana to reduce court cases; 1 county to begin effort in months
- Mustang driver escapes before car hit by train at Virginia rail crossing
- NC sheriff in quarantine after testing positive for COVID-19
- Walmart announces Cyber Monday 2020 deals