Get ready to hear that eerie noise that can only come from a cicada.
Experts say a massive amount of the noisy bugs are making their way to the skies after 17 years underground.
They believe as many as one and half million cicadas may emerge in parts of Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina.
The insects do not pose a threat to people.
They don’t bite or sting, but they could damage trees.
- Images show Florida Uber driver being bitten, scratched and choked
- ‘Powerful and graceful:’ Zion Williamson set to debut his 1st signature shoe
- US expands ‘Do Not Travel’ advisory to 80% of countries amid pandemic
- Raleigh looks to use lessons learned while prepping for more protests
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospital numbers approach 1,200, at highest level since March 6