WENTWORTH, N.C. (WGHP) — A Virginia mother is accused of killing her infant son in Rockingham County, according to a news release.
Shantiequa Renea Woods, 30, of Danville, Virginia, is charged with first-degree murder and felony child abuse, according to the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators said they believe 3-month-old Isaiah Woods suffered blunt force trauma to his head and torso while he and his mother were staying in Ruffin on Thursday.
The child was taken to Danville Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Woods is being held in the Rockingham County Jail with no bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Organization rescues animals of all sizes from wildfires raging across the West
- Democratic and Republican leaders express willingness to work together on stimulus relief bill
- Major I-40 exit ramp in Garner to close all weekend as part of widening project
- Yelp: 60 percent of businesses that closed due to COVID-19 are closed permanently
- Woman hit by car in North Raleigh, charges not expected for driver
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now