WENTWORTH, N.C. (WGHP) — A Virginia mother is accused of killing her infant son in Rockingham County, according to a news release.
Shantiequa Renea Woods, 30, of Danville, Virginia, is charged with first-degree murder and felony child abuse, according to the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators said they believe 3-month-old Isaiah Woods suffered blunt force trauma to his head and torso while he and his mother were staying in Ruffin on Thursday.
The child was taken to Danville Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Woods is being held in the Rockingham County Jail with no bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say