WENTWORTH, N.C. (WGHP) — A Virginia mother is accused of killing her infant son in Rockingham County, according to a news release.
Shantiequa Renea Woods, 30, of Danville, Virginia, is charged with first-degree murder and felony child abuse, according to the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators said they believe 3-month-old Isaiah Woods suffered blunt force trauma to his head and torso while he and his mother were staying in Ruffin on Thursday.
The child was taken to Danville Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Woods is being held in the Rockingham County Jail with no bond.
- Hope Mills native Quanera Hayes earns trip to Tokyo Olympics with win over Allyson Felix
- ‘Hugs not walls’ event at U.S.-Mexico border reunites families for only a few moments
- Newborn’s face cut during emergency C-section, requires 13 stitches
- Aggie Pride! 2 A&T students are packing their bags and heading to Tokyo with their eyes on Olympic gold
- Florida woman discovers nearly $1 billion in her bank account