MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. (WNCT) — A mom and her children were rescued Tuesday after a jet ski overturned near Morehead City, police said.
On Tuesday around 12:20 p.m. a mother along with her two children were riding on a jet ski just west of the Morehead City to Atlantic Beach Causeway Bridge when the watercraft overturned.
All riders were wearing life jackets and no injuries were reported.
The Morehead City Police Department boat, the Morehead City Fire-EMS boat, and an Atlantic Beach lifeguard on a jet ski assisted the three riders into boats and back to land.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wisconsin teen charged with killing infant daughter in woods
- How to enjoy your outdoor deck space throughout winter
- The Jim Allen Group welcomes you to call Midtown Villas home
- Gov. Cooper increases NC National Guard troops to 300 for inauguration at US Capitol
- IRS warns North Carolinians of ‘new wave’ of scams involving stimulus checks