SURF CITY, N.C. (WECT) – Multiple crews are on scene after a large fire broke out late Sunday afternoon on Atkinson Road near South Shore Drive in Surf City.
Surf City Fire Chief Allen Wilson confirms crews from Topsail Fire, North Topsail Fire and Pender County were all working the scene.
Images showed at least two homes were burned in the massive fire.
A tweet from Surf City police around 6:40 p.m. advised people to stay away from the area while emergency responders work.
Officials have not released how many structures are involved or if anyone has been injured.
Photos sent in by WECT viewers show multiple buildings engulfed in flames. Dramatic video shows flames curling over the roof of a three-story house and plumes of black smoke coming from the structures as the fire burns.
- Prosecution’s case against ex-cop in Floyd death nears end
- WATCH: Thief on motorcycle rips necklace off woman in middle of NYC crosswalk
- FEMA launches funeral assistance program, reimbursing families up to $9,000 for COVID-19 deaths
- Johnston County school bus involved in crash, 4 students injured, officials say
- Sponsored Content: NC DHHS Vaccine Safety