PINE KNOLL SHORES, N.C. (WNCT) — The North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores has won the first-place prize of a $25,000 donation to help sea turtles in the state, in the Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ Party for the Planet video contest.
In an announcement about its win on Friday, the aquarium said it has designated the AZA Saving Animals From Extinction (SAFE) North Carolina Sea Turtle Conservation Plan as the recipient of the $25,000 donation.
- Coronavirus pandemic could haunt U.S. economy through 2029, federal report says
- Shot dead by police, David McAtee, Louisville’s ‘BBQ Man’ used to feed officers for free
- Wake County school board discuss proposals to reopen schools
- Raleigh business owner says Wake deputies fired flash-bangs, pepper balls toward him
- Raleigh City Council offers relief to businesses impacted by COVID-19, weekend unrest
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now