RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Consumers League (NCL) will host a virtual “fireside chat” with North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein and others on Thursday.
Stein and consumer protection experts will discuss keeping North Carolinians safe from COVID-19 scams.
Since the pandemic began, NCL has seen an uptick in complaints about multiple scams “preying on increasingly vulnerable, financially-strapped, and fearful consumers,” a release said.
Scammers are running stimulus check fraud operations, phishing schemes, unemployment benefits scams, as well as pet adoption fraud.
The virtual event will be held from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. You can register to watch here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Federal judge questions North Carolina absentee ballot rule change
- Vehicle goes off Virginia bridge, lands upside down 40 feet below after crash
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Barnes & Noble and rue21 are hiring
- Former President Jimmy Carter celebrates 96th birthday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now