RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Consumers League (NCL) will host a virtual “fireside chat” with North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein and others on Thursday.
Stein and consumer protection experts will discuss keeping North Carolinians safe from COVID-19 scams.
Since the pandemic began, NCL has seen an uptick in complaints about multiple scams “preying on increasingly vulnerable, financially-strapped, and fearful consumers,” a release said.
Scammers are running stimulus check fraud operations, phishing schemes, unemployment benefits scams, as well as pet adoption fraud.
The virtual event will be held from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. You can register to watch here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sponsored Content: Everything You Need to Know About Medicare
- NC man charged after multiple dogs found dead
- NC leaders, in letter, call on businesses to speak out against restrictive voter laws
- Wilson’s police chief to retire after 26 years with the department
- Sponsored Content: FTCC Students are Getting Ready for Their Return to Campus