RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Consumers League (NCL) will host a virtual “fireside chat” with North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein and others on Thursday.
Stein and consumer protection experts will discuss keeping North Carolinians safe from COVID-19 scams.
Since the pandemic began, NCL has seen an uptick in complaints about multiple scams “preying on increasingly vulnerable, financially-strapped, and fearful consumers,” a release said.
Scammers are running stimulus check fraud operations, phishing schemes, unemployment benefits scams, as well as pet adoption fraud.
The virtual event will be held from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. You can register to watch here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 variant found by NC lab could mean trouble for health systems
- 40 Johnston County Public Schools employees receive 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- More than 43,000 sign up for Wake County’s COVID-19 vaccine waitlist
- Registered sex offender arrested on 30 child sex crime charges in Moore County