RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Consumers League (NCL) will host a virtual “fireside chat” with North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein and others on Thursday.
Stein and consumer protection experts will discuss keeping North Carolinians safe from COVID-19 scams.
Since the pandemic began, NCL has seen an uptick in complaints about multiple scams “preying on increasingly vulnerable, financially-strapped, and fearful consumers,” a release said.
Scammers are running stimulus check fraud operations, phishing schemes, unemployment benefits scams, as well as pet adoption fraud.
The virtual event will be held from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. You can register to watch here.
- 1 shot along Lake Boone Trail outside UNC Rex Hospital in Raleigh
- Miami edges NC State 31-30
- Driver airlifted after pickup truck flips, hits trees in Moore County crash
- 22-year-old arrested after 1 killed, another wounded in Cary shooting, police say
- At Wilson County GOP event, NC Lt. Gov. Robinson doubles down on LGBTQ beliefs, criticism of books