RALEIGH, N.C. (WBTV) – Winning a second consecutive state championship likely wasn’t the best part of Weddington Assistant Coach Hayden Crooks’ Saturday.
Moments after the Warriors capped off a 34-14 win, Crooks dropped to a knee at midfield of North Carolina State University’s Carter-Finley Stadium.
He pulled out a ring and asked his girlfriend, Kayla, to marry him as his players and Weddington cheerleaders looked on.
And Kayla said yes!
Weddington’s win guaranteed the Warriors an undefeated season and Crooks a day he’ll never forget.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Senate Republicans can shut door on immigration reform with filibuster
- A look at how Wake County is prioritizing vaccine distribution
- 2 men killed, 2-year-old injured in shooting at Asheboro apartment complex
- Dr. Fauci says it’s ‘liberating’ to be a part of a science-friendly administration