RALEIGH, N.C. (WBTV) – Winning a second consecutive state championship likely wasn’t the best part of Weddington Assistant Coach Hayden Crooks’ Saturday.
Moments after the Warriors capped off a 34-14 win, Crooks dropped to a knee at midfield of North Carolina State University’s Carter-Finley Stadium.
He pulled out a ring and asked his girlfriend, Kayla, to marry him as his players and Weddington cheerleaders looked on.
And Kayla said yes!
Weddington’s win guaranteed the Warriors an undefeated season and Crooks a day he’ll never forget.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- If you haven’t traveled to China recently, you shouldn’t be concerned about the Coronavirus, Duke health experts say
- Examining North Carolina’s impact on past impeachments
- Zion Williamson rejoining Pelicans lineup at pivotal time
- Wake County property values are increasing – here’s what you need to know
- Displaced families upset Durham city leaders take trip to Costa Rica amidst CO crisis