CHARLOTTE (FOX46 CHARLOTTE) – Charlotte police are requesting the public’s assistance in locating a man who attempted to rob a bank in southeast Charlotte.
Officers responded to calls regarding a robbery around 5 p.m. at Fifth Third Bank at 225 S. Sharon Amity Road.
An initial investigation showed that the suspect handed a note to the teller indicating that it was a robbery, demanded money and said he had a gun. The teller backed away from the counter and refused to give the suspect any money.
The suspect fled on S. Sharon Amity towards Robin Road.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact officials at 704-334-1600.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Some mystery seeds illegally sent from China identified
- As a new week begins, here’s why you don’t have that second stimulus check
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Wake Research and NC Disability Determination Services are hiring
- 4 SC residents among 7 killed in mid-air plane crash in Alaska
- NC man wins $5 million on scratch-off after visiting more than 40 stores
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now