GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — A Greensboro bar owner faces charges and gave up his ABC permits after a person was killed over Labor Day weekend.
Alcohol Law Enforcement responded to a shooting at Ambiance Events Center at 508 Teague St.
ALE reports that a large fight in the events center spilled out into the parking lot.
The conflict ended with one person dead and one injured.
Investigators say they determined that Lawrence Chandler, 49, of Greensboro, failed to superintend the business on the night of the shooting.
Chandler was charged with failing to superintend licensed premises and unauthorized possession of spiritous liquor. He voluntarily gave up his ABC permits.
“ALE works tirelessly to ensure ABC-permitted businesses are safe for both the employees and patrons who frequent them,” said Israel Morrow, ALE Assistant Director for Operations. “Because of the permittee’s cooperation to surrender the business’ permits, we hope these senseless acts of violence can be avoided in the future.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Friday, September 18th : Local pumpkin carver shines on “Halloween Wars”, Real Men Wear Pink Telethon
- CDC reverses course, says people without symptoms should be tested
- Father grateful to Alabama officer for saving son’s life during seizure
- Second stimulus checks: Lawmakers leave for weekend without deal in sight
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now