PENDER COUNTY, N.C. (WNCT) – An active-duty marine at Camp Lejeune was arrested on base Thursday and is now facing child solicitation charges.
Justin Collins, 21, a Georgia native, is charged with felony criminal offenses: one count of solicitation of a child by computer, first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor and indecent liberties with a child.
Collins is accused of messaging two teenage girls using the social media app Snapchat.
Investigators say one of the females had been in contact with Collins for several months.
Criminal charges were obtained after Collins expressed interest in having sexual relations with one of the girls and offered to meet her in Pender County, officials said.
Collins is currently being held in the Pender County Jail under a $200,000 bond.
- SCDOT help keep streets clean with annual cleanup program
- Tepper says no decision yet on future of QB Cam Newton
- Franklin County animal advocates take concerns about shelter to commissioners
- Interim chancellor: Report detailing UNC’s crime response, reporting is ‘extremely concerning’
- NC receiving funds to elevate I-95 after repeated flooding
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now