GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — The victim of a fatal hit-and-run on South Memorial Drive Friday night has been identified.
Kari Williams, 27, of Winterville later died after the crash.
The hit-and-run crash happened on South Memorial Drive, between Greenville Boulevard and Mall Drive. Police said that the crash happened around 7:30 p.m. in front of Academy Sports and Hobby Lobby.
Photos of the suspect’s vehicle from traffic cameras were released by police.
Greenville police said the vehicle involved was believed to be a white or tan four-door passenger car with damage to the front end, including the windshield.
This is an ongoing investigation. Anyone with any information regarding the crash is encouraged to call GPD Traffic Safety Officer A. Vaughan at 252-329-3438 or the non-emergency number at 252-329-4300.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 17-year-old injured in overnight shooting in Raleigh
- LIVE: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Fed Chair Powell testify on COVID-19 relief needs
- Thanksgiving travelers give RDU highest traffic volume since start of pandemic
- Lindsey Graham says Trump should attend Biden’s inauguration
- Olympic rings back up in Tokyo Bay, serving as sign of hope amid pandemic