YADKIN COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A juvenile suspect has been identified and felony charges for animal cruelty have been filed with juvenile justice, according to a Yadkin County Sheriff’s Office news release.
On Thursday, deputies got a report telling them about an animal cruelty video posted on social media.
An investigation into the video found evidence that supported the report, the release says.
The animal was seized by the Yadkin County Sheriff’s Office Animal Control Division.
The animal is currently in the care and custody of the Yadkin County Animal Shelter after an examination by a licensed veterinarian.
The investigation is ongoing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Krispy Kreme to give healthcare workers a dozen doughnuts every Monday
- Sen. Schumer proposes $25,000 pay increase for essential workers
- Durham truck driver killed after stabbing 3 to death at Tennesee truck stop
- Lowe’s Home Improvement to close all stores, facilities for Easter to give workers ‘much-deserved’ day off
- Local Church Creates a Welcoming Community for Families in the Triangle
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now