HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (WBTV) – Officials rescued a driver after a tractor-trailer crashed into a pole on Interstate 77 in Huntersville Tuesday afternoon.
According to the Huntersville Fire Department, the incident happened on I-77 northbound prior to Exit 23 (Gilead Road).
Officials say a tractor-trailer crashed into a large sign pole, and the driver had to be extricated. Photos showed the cab of the truck was smashed between the metal pole and the trailer when the big-rig jackknifed.
The right two general-purpose lanes were closed in the area where the crash happened.
Drivers are advised to use caution and yield to responding units as officials work to clear the scene.
No further information was released about this crash.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- Louisville police chief fired after fatal shooting of black business owner
- Signs of solidarity from officers, protesters bring end to Monday demonstrations
- Bishop ‘outraged’ after President Trump poses with Bible in front of St. John’s Church
- Active-duty troops from Fort Bragg deploying to Washington DC
- Protests remain peaceful in Raleigh amid city-wide curfew
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now