HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (WBTV) – Officials rescued a driver after a tractor-trailer crashed into a pole on Interstate 77 in Huntersville Tuesday afternoon.
According to the Huntersville Fire Department, the incident happened on I-77 northbound prior to Exit 23 (Gilead Road).
Officials say a tractor-trailer crashed into a large sign pole, and the driver had to be extricated. Photos showed the cab of the truck was smashed between the metal pole and the trailer when the big-rig jackknifed.
The right two general-purpose lanes were closed in the area where the crash happened.
Drivers are advised to use caution and yield to responding units as officials work to clear the scene.
No further information was released about this crash.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now