DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) – A father in Davidson County killed his daughter in a murder-suicide Tuesday afternoon, according to a Davidson County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson.
The father reportedly shot his 2-year-old daughter and then himself.
The shooting happened around 4:10 p.m. at a home near the fairgrounds on Greensboro Street Ext., just outside the Lexington city limits.
The identities of the deceased have not been released. Deputies are still investigating.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VIDEO: Russian planes fly close to US jet for more than 1 hour over Mediterranean Sea
- Man with torch disrupted outdoor church service in NC mountains, deputies say
- Victim remains in coma 3 months after career day plane crash in Cumberland County
- NC woman wanted on murder charge following man’s fentanyl death
- Storm reveals mystery shipwreck at Utah’s Great Salt Lake
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now