LUMBERTON, N.C. (WBTW) – Police are investigating a homicide in front of a Lumberton business early Saturday morning.
Lumberton officers responded to the Tobacco Brothers Minute Shop on the 2200 block of Martin Luther King Drive just before 3 a.m. Saturday, according to Lumberton Police Capt. Vernon Johnson.
Officers found Manal Abdelaziz, 60, of Laurinburg, deceased in front of the store, Johnson said.
Abdelaziz owned the store and had just closed up before the incident happened.
CBS 17 reported in 2016 Abdelaziz’s 3-year-old son, Manal “Cash” Abdelaziz, died after he found a gun kept behind the counter at his dad’s business. The boy accidentally shot himself.
Investigators are still working to identify suspects in Saturday’s case.
Anyone with information on this homicide is asked to call Detectives Robert Nolley or Evan Whitley at (910) 671-3845. Callers can remain anonymous.
An autopsy is set to be performed on the victim’s body.
- VIDEO: Crowds cram into water at massive pool party
- More Triangle churches hold indoor services as Phase 2 reopening continues
- Fans pack stands at reopening of NC speedway after sheriff said he would not interfere
- Flooding seen in Cary, Raleigh after heavy thunderstorms pass through
- 1 dead, 8 wounded in 2 shootouts and 2 shootings in Charlotte in just 2 hours