TABOR CITY, N.C. (WECT) – A woman is accused of firing a gun into her father’s home Sunday.
According to Michele Tatum with the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a residence in the 100 block of Vinegar Hill Road in Tabor City in reference to a shooting.
When deputies arrived, a resident told them that his daughter, Sherry Lynn Loika, tried to enter his home through a rear door, officials said.
After the father told her to leave, she began to kick and hit the door, according to deputies.
A shot was then fired into the residence. No one was struck by the bullet.
Loika, 33, was taken into custody and has been charged with discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling. She was booked under a $10,000 bond.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- Shooting investigation underway in Raleigh neighborhood
- As symptoms change, here’s how you can tell if it’s COVID-19 or allergies
- People speak out after alcohol sales end at 10 p.m. in Orange County
- Sheriff: Florida homeowner kills masked intruders; accomplice facing murder charges
- Florida man arrested for attempting to record under young girl’s dress at Walmart, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now