TABOR CITY, N.C. (WECT) – A woman is accused of firing a gun into her father’s home Sunday.
According to Michele Tatum with the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a residence in the 100 block of Vinegar Hill Road in Tabor City in reference to a shooting.
When deputies arrived, a resident told them that his daughter, Sherry Lynn Loika, tried to enter his home through a rear door, officials said.
After the father told her to leave, she began to kick and hit the door, according to deputies.
A shot was then fired into the residence. No one was struck by the bullet.
Loika, 33, was taken into custody and has been charged with discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling. She was booked under a $10,000 bond.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- US man drowns while proposing to girlfriend underwater in Africa
- Family of Whitey Bulger sues US government for $200M in wrongful death suit over fatal beating
- Monday Fur-cast | September 23
- Tracking the tropics: Jerry, Karen, Tropical Depression 13
- 6-year-old arrested, has mug shot taken following school tantrum
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now