SNEADS FERRY, N.C. (WECT) – A North Carolina day care worker is accused of intentionally dropping an infant in her care, according to deputies with the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office.
Behtan Pringle, 23, was arrested Wednesday and charged with felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury and booked into the Onslow County Detention Center under a $100,000 bond.
Sheriff’s office officials said they were contacted on June 10 by the Childcare Network Daycare in Sneads Ferry about an 11-month-old boy who was taken to the hospital earlier in the day due to head trauma.
The daycare said it later learned that the child was purposefully dropped by a worker.
The sheriff’s office said it conducted an investigation and determined that Pringle was the worker responsible for the child’s injuries.
Medical professionals advised investigators that the infant will physically recover from his injuries.
Latest news from CBS17.com:
- California woman sues fertility doctor accused of using own sperm to impregnate her twice
- Sen. Thom Tillis introduces bill that would make attacks on police officers a federal crime
- Father of 2-year-old shot in Fayetteville was shot to death in May 2019, police say
- WATCH: Woman tells officer ‘I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- 2020 Maui Invitational to be held in Asheville; UNC, Davidson part of field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.