CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) – A woman was arrested after deputies say she went to a 14-year-old sex crime victim’s home with a baseball bat and threatened him.
Ozaya Elizabeth Cole, 20, is charged with intimidating a state witness. Officials say Cole is friends with Lisa Marie Hendren, a Caldwell County woman who was arrested on Nov. 9 and accused of statutory sex offense with the teenager.
Deputies say two days after Hendren’s arrest, Cole and three men went to the 14-year-old’s home with baseball bats in hand and stood in the road. They say Cole then yelled out that the teen would not make it to court.
Since Cole was the only one in the group to make a verbal threat, she was the only one arrested.
There is no word on whether Cole was granted bond. Hendren was given a $50,000 bond after her arrest.
No further information has been released.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- At Rushmore, Trump to say protesters seek to ‘defame’ heroes
- Violence mars Portland protests, frustrates Black community
- Boy killed, girl injured among 4 victims in Alabama mall shooting
- Girl and woman among 5 dead after SUV crosses median on SC interstate
- 5 dead, 3 others seriously injured in crash along NC interstate
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now