RALEIGH, N.C. — North Carolina vehicle owners now have another option from which to choose when it comes to the state’s regularly priced license plate.
The Division of Motor Vehicles began offering a third standard plate this week.
Previously motorists could choose between the “First in Flight” background or the “First in Freedom” theme, which refers to pre-Revolutionary War events. Now they can pick a plate with the national motto “In God We Trust” at the top and the state motto “To Be Rather Than To Seem” near the bottom. A 2018 law directed that DMV create the new option.
DMV says current vehicle owners can request the new plate at no additional charge when they renew their car registration. They’ll pay a standard charge if it’s requested at another time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake County hair salons, barbershops slowly recovering after reopening
- NC driver puts car in wrong gear, hitting 7 people, police say
- Fire at NC coast destroys beach house, 2 treated for heat-related illness
- 21 injured in fire aboard USS Bonhomme Richard at Naval Base San Diego
- Man dies while swimming at Outer Banks amid large rip current
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now