LINWOOD, N.C. (WGHP) — Two people were arrested and are facing charges after they were planning to go to Massachusetts to bring a 14-year-old back to North Carolina “for sexual purposes,” according to a Davidson County Sheriff’s Office news release.
David Lee Presnell Jr., 33, of Linwood, and Brenda Lee Freeman, 19, of Linwood, are charged with one count each of solicitation of a minor by an electronic device, dissemination of obscene material to a minor under 16 years old, and felony conspiracy to commit human trafficking – child victim.
Detectives were contacted by police investigators in Massachusetts who said that Presnell and Freeman were chatting online with a 14-year-old and trying to get her to send explicit images.
Friday, detectives and SBI officials searched a home at 193 Plymouth Lane in Linwood, the release says.
During the search, evidence showed that Presnell and Freeman were communicating with other juveniles, some as young as 8 to 10 years old.
Presnell and Freeman are in the Davidson County Detention Center under a $500,000 secured bond.
They are scheduled to appear in court Jan. 6.
The investigation is ongoing and additional charges are forthcoming, the release says.
- Make the most of your favorite summer snacks
- Tuesday, August 4th : Make the most of your favorite summer snacks, Kick off a new career
- The Salvation Army of Wake County to give out free fans on Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments
- Protest leader Cori Bush ousts 20-year US Rep. Clay in Missouri primary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now