GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — The Green family has hopped from motel to motel since a car was launched into their living room last Sunday.
According to police reports and court records, on Sunday evening an impaired driver was speeding down Oak Street.
The driver lost control, careened into the Green’s driveway and hit their car, reports said.
The Green’s car was then launched into their own living room.
Court records show that authorities said they found Shana Harris, 43, with an open container and drugs in her possession inside the vehicle that night.
She was arrested and charged.
Green was at work when her oldest son, a sophomore in high school, frantically called her.
When she got to the house, she saw her family car stuck inside the front part of the house. It had partially collapsed, and part of the patio roof had fallen onto the vehicle’s hood.
“Glass was still falling. I was scared to go inside. It was all just pushed over. It was falling,” Green said.
Green said it was a relief to learn that her children were not hurt.
However, that happiness turned to stress when her family learned that they would not be able to live there anymore.
A yellow condemned sign was posted on the home’s front door with contractors telling her that the house is not stable enough to stay in.
She said she is now having to spend her Christmas budget on clothes and food.
As for the Christmas miracle of being able to spend the holiday with her kids, she’s forever thankful.
- Teachers, health care workers among many in Triangle updating wills amid COVID-19
- ‘You have to do something’: Many understanding of mask, social distancing crackdown at UNC
- 4 inches of rain floods I-40, triggering crashes, closure in Sampson County
- Investigation into police officers underway after Black family wrongly detained
- Special needs, pre-K students will not return to buildings on Sept. 8, Wake County school system says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now