SOUTHPORT, N.C. (WECT) – The North Carolina Department of Transportation has suspended ferry operations for six of its seven routes Saturday.
Because of the inclement weather forecasted along the NC coast, transportation leaders suspended ferry routes for the Southport-Fort Fisher ferry starting at 8 a.m.
The Aurora-Bayview ferry is the only route continuing to run on a normal schedule.
Officials said the weather will present hazardous conditions for the ferries along the coast. NCDOT will monitor the weather and determine when operations can resume, authorities said.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- Places of worship told to stop singing, chanting as COVID-19 cases spike in California
- Frederick Douglass statue vandalized in New York park
- Spaghetti Western movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
- Vigil held in Durham for slain Texas soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Man charged in shooting that killed boy at Alabama mall
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now