SOUTHPORT, N.C. (WECT) – The North Carolina Department of Transportation has suspended ferry operations for six of its seven routes Saturday.
Because of the inclement weather forecasted along the NC coast, transportation leaders suspended ferry routes for the Southport-Fort Fisher ferry starting at 8 a.m.
The Aurora-Bayview ferry is the only route continuing to run on a normal schedule.
Officials said the weather will present hazardous conditions for the ferries along the coast. NCDOT will monitor the weather and determine when operations can resume, authorities said.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- Wake Tech program helps foster young adults through college process
- Fire, explosion blows out 50-foot section of wall at Tarboro business
- NC State police responding to report of sexual assault on campus
- Panthers to stick with Allen at QB instead of playing Grier
- NC State proposes loss of scholarship in response to NCAA’s Notice of Allegations
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now