WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – The old proverb states necessity is the mother of invention.
A local grilled cheese connoisseur took that idea to a new height after getting a craving for a local food truck.
The folks at the CheeseSmith Food Truck used a drone to deliver to one of their customers recently.
According to the owners, the customer was quarantining and reached out with the idea of using the drone to get him his meal. So, they made it happen. They gave WECT permission to share the video from their Facebook page.
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC bars could serve outdoors again, according to bill in General Assembly
- Durham community rattled by 4 shootings in less than 6 hours
- 10th Butner inmate dies after testing positive for COVID-19, officials say
- Why Triangle residents may be seeing more snakes in their neighborhoods
- Mom whose son died in hit-and-run plans remembrance walk in Harnett County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now