BUNCOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WSPA) – A Buncombe County High School teacher has been charged with two counts of sex acts with a student.
Keith William Grandy, 37, was arrested on Nov. 13 and charged with two counts of sex acts with a student, according to the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office.
A search warrant was executed on Grandy’s residence, according to sheriff’s office officials.
His bond has been set at $65,000.
“Thank you to our team of Detectives at the Sheriff’s Office for their investigative work to bring charges against Mr. Grandy. We would also like to thank Buncombe County Schools for their cooperation with this investigation,” Sheriff Quentin Miller said in a statement.
According to the sheriff’s office, Grandy has been suspended from his teaching duties by Buncombe County Schools since the onset of the investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Judo champion foils armed robbery by grappling suspect to the ground
- NC State football adds home-and-home games with South Carolina
- ‘Senseless act’: Bicyclist pushed by passenger in passing minivan dies; attacker also killed
- In-person early voting ends Saturday as NC turnout approaches 50%
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now