ORANGEBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WIS/WNCN) – The Orangeburg County Coroner has identified the three victims who died in a collision Monday on Interstate 26 west near exit 154 in South Carolina.
Thomas Rusgrove, 37, Esther Rusgrove,14, and Jennie Ruth Rusgrove, 11 each died from blunt force injuries. Public records show Thomas Rusgrove lived in Watauga County.
The head-on collision occurred on June 24 when a Freightliner traveling east on I-26 crossed over the median and hit a 2008 Toyota van in a head-on.
Another child in the 2008 Toyota van hit was airlifted to the hospital with serious injuries, South Carolina highway patrol said.
The SCHP continues to investigate.
More from CBS17.com:
- 3 dead after Florida-bound plane crashes in Georgia
- ‘I felt terrified;’ S.C. man recounts incident that resulted in deputy’s firing and misconduct charges
- S.C. teacher receives award after helping student call 911 over unresponsive mom
- Tips from a pro photographer on how to get the ultimate Instagram-worthy shot
- Oil company mistakenly delivers 100+ gallons to wrong address, flooding the basement