ORANGEBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WIS/WNCN) – The Orangeburg County Coroner has identified the three victims who died in a collision Monday on Interstate 26 west near exit 154 in South Carolina.
Thomas Rusgrove, 37, Esther Rusgrove,14, and Jennie Ruth Rusgrove, 11 each died from blunt force injuries. Public records show Thomas Rusgrove lived in Watauga County.
The head-on collision occurred on June 24 when a Freightliner traveling east on I-26 crossed over the median and hit a 2008 Toyota van in a head-on.
Another child in the 2008 Toyota van hit was airlifted to the hospital with serious injuries, South Carolina highway patrol said.
The SCHP continues to investigate.
More from CBS17.com:
- Alabama sheriff’s office investigating after cross burned on I-85 overpass
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Raleigh blogger creates viral social media template to demand brands amplify black voices
- Lawmaker: US has had worst response to COVID-19 pandemic worldwide
- VIDEO: Cyclist assaults teens over protest flyers along Maryland trail
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now