ORANGEBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WIS/WNCN) – The Orangeburg County Coroner has identified the three victims who died in a collision Monday on Interstate 26 west near exit 154 in South Carolina.
Thomas Rusgrove, 37, Esther Rusgrove,14, and Jennie Ruth Rusgrove, 11 each died from blunt force injuries. Public records show Thomas Rusgrove lived in Watauga County.
The head-on collision occurred on June 24 when a Freightliner traveling east on I-26 crossed over the median and hit a 2008 Toyota van in a head-on.
Another child in the 2008 Toyota van hit was airlifted to the hospital with serious injuries, South Carolina highway patrol said.
The SCHP continues to investigate.
More from CBS17.com:
- Apex dad finds 3 teens passed out in running car – his message after the discovery
- Fatal accident shuts down parts of US Highway 401
- Grandmother of NY 3-year-old found on porch worries parents are dead after burned car discovered
- Discount N.C. State Fair tickets for sale at Food Lion
- KFC testing doughnut and fried chicken sandwich
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now