ALBEMARLE, N.C. (WBTV) – A man was arrested Wednesday after police say he went live on Facebook video from inside a Walmart and claimed to have tested positive for COVID-19.
The incident happened at the Walmart in Albemarle, about 45 miles east of Charlotte. According to police, 31-year-old Justin M. Rhodes was arrested shortly after the incident.
There is no official word on exactly what Rhodes said during the Facebook Live video broadcast or what his intentions may have been.
Rhodes was arrested and charged with felony perpetrating a hoax in a public building and disorderly conduct. He was given a $10,000 secured bond and is due in court on March 30.
No further information has been released.
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man seriously injured in Durham shooting, police say
- Les Miles, Kansas agree to ‘mutual’ split after LSU report on sexual complaints
- Durham County receives Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine; still no word about mass vaccination clinic
- 2 from NC among college baseball players arrested for hazing, SC deputies say
- 7-year-old girl who sold lemonade to pay for brain surgery recovering after procedure