WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A Winston-Salem man is accused of giving cocaine and alcohol to a 3-month-old child, accord to Winston-Salem police.
Officers say the child tested positive for cocaine. The child’s blood alcohol level was 0.17% — 0.09% above the legal limit for North Carolina.
Ronnie Keith Johnson, 60, of Winston-Salem, faces a charge of felony negligent child abuse inflicting serious physical injury.
Police believe he is out on a $10,000 bond.
- As Derek Chauvin verdict looms, Triangle faith leader and activists say anxiety grows
- Driver sentenced to 30 years in prison in deadly chase that killed NC woman
- ‘I almost lost my wife’ – Man recalls having truck carjacked from Raleigh mall, then flipped in crash
- No COVID-19 vaccine side effects, no problem, says UNC doctor
- Former Columbus County police chief arrested on 73 charges related to evidence tampering, drug trafficking