CLEMMONS, N.C. (WGHP) — A Clemmons man has been charged with first-degree murder after an infant died from its injuries, according to the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office.
Brandon Scott McDaniel, 20, was initially charged with felony child abuse after seeking medical treatment for the baby on Monday. The infant died as a result of its injuries on Thursday.
McDaniel is in the Forsyth County Law Enforcement Detention Center with no bond allowed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC Central student injured after stray bullet breaks dorm room window, officials say
- Expert provides tips on how to avoid digital eye strain while working and learning from home
- Building trust on the border: FBI director works with community to stem crime, cyber threats
- UNCW to remove ‘Black Lives Matter’ banners from campus buildings, move them to an art exhibit
- Tropical Storm Beta spurs hurricane worries for Texas
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now