GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — A Greensboro man was killed in a crash on Interstate 840 on Friday afternoon, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
The crash happened at the exit to U.S. 29 at 4:40 p.m.
Patrick Gouge, 29, was driving a 2019 Chevrolet pickup truck when he went off the road and hit a pole, troopers said.
Gouge died from his injuries.
In video from the scene, the pickup truck’s roof was sheared off the vehicle. It’s unclear if that happened during the crash or if rescue workers removed it.
At this time it is unclear what caused Gouge to drive off the road.
The N.C. State Highway Patrol is still investigating the crash.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- Legal battles continue with Kings Mountain casino construction underway
- 7-year-old boy struck by stray bullet during shootout in north Charlotte
- Justice Dept. closes insider trading investigation into Sen. Richard Burr without criminal charges
- Man tried to save life of NC teen who died after being hit by car