LAKE JAMES, N.C. (AP) – Authorities have charged a North Carolina man after a July 4 personal watercraft collision on Lake James that killed another man.
News outlets report that 47-year-old Edward Muniz of Henderson County is charged with felony death by impaired boating. He was released Friday on $50,000 bond
Police said 911 calls started coming in Thursday night at about 10 p.m.
Hsaingtak Tong, also of Henderson County, was killed in the crash. He died on scene.
Authorities say the accident between the Jet Ski-type watercraft occurred between Benfield’s Landing and the new section of Lake James State Park.
The accident remains under investigation.
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?
- Twitter temporarily suspends congresswoman over election fraud claims
- ‘Rooting hard for you’: Will Oval Office departure notes end with Trump?
- DISTURBING: 250+ dogs rescued from ‘bone yard’ on Tennessee property
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass