ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) – A Rowan County man was arrested Thursday after investigators say he was found to be in possession of child pornography.
Joshua Wayne Sheppard is charged with 11 counts of third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
According to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office, the investigation began after the department received a tip about Sheppard. Deputies conducted a search at his home on Tammy Road in Salisbury and seized electronic equipment, which led to his arrest and charges.
Sheppard was taken to the Rowan County Detention Center and placed under a $75,000 bond.
No further information has been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pair nabbed with 6.5 kilos of cocaine in arrest along I-95 in Nash County, deputies say
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off North Carolina coast
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest trio on firearms, drug-related charges
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show support for Trump
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.