CHADBOURN, N.C. (WECT) – A Columbus County man was arrested after he shot at his girlfriend and a three-year-old child during a domestic violence incident last week, deputies said.
According to a news release from the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a home on Goins Road on Jan. 18 after receiving a report of a domestic-violence-related shooting.
When deputies arrived, they detained the suspect, Densel Shrea Hemmingway, who is accused of firing a gun at his girlfriend and a three-year-old child.
No injuries were reported.
After conducting an investigation that included searching Hemmingway’s car, he was taken before a magistrate and charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, discharging a firearm into an occupied property, discharge a firearm within an enclosure to incite fear, assault with a deadly weapon with a child present, and assault on a female.
It’s not clear how the toddler might be related to Hemmingway or his girlfriend.
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
- Man seriously injured after being shot during carjacking in Fayetteville, police say
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now