ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. (WAVY) — Police say they arrested a 35-year-old man from Shiloh after they allegedly found him unresponsive with two children and a “white substance” inside a vehicle in Elizabeth City.
Police were called to 1805 Weeksville Road around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday for a person “unresponsive in a vehicle,” police said in a news release.
They arrived to find Joshua Kade Harris, 35, unresponsive, but rendered aid to bring him back to consciousness.
Inside the vehicle, police found two children ages 4 months and 2 years. They also found a “white substance,” police said.
Harris was arrested and charged with misdemeanor child abuse.
The substance has been sent to a state lab for testing.
Harris is scheduled to appear in court April 6 at 9:30 a.m. in Pasquotank County.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting
- One death, multiple injuries reported in Mississippi from Hurricane Zeta
- Wisconsin GOP says hackers stole $2.3 million from Trump reelection effort
- Zeta brings flood risk, severe weather to western Carolinas
- Photos: Zeta leaves trail of downed trees and flooding as it races through the Carolinas
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now