WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – A Leland man was arrested for statutory rape and crimes against nature. Eric Keith Johnson, who lives on Old River Road in Leland, is being held on a $1 million bond.
A Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson said Johnson is charged with eight counts of statutory rape of a child and five counts of crimes against nature.
The victim in Johnson’s crimes was 15 years old, officials said. Johnson, according to jail records, is 51 years old.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- U.S. Marshals searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in NC
- President Trump targeting rural voters in recent NC campaign stops
- ALERT DAY: Zeta remnants bring severe weather, wind to NC Thursday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.