LELAND, N.C. (WECT) – A Leland man jailed last month on numerous child sex crimes is now facing nearly two dozen additional charges.
The Leland Police Department on Monday announced that Justin Gene Thaden, 36, was charged with ten counts of second-degree sexual exploitation of a minor, ten counts of third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor, and one count of indecent liberties with a minor.
Thaden was initially arrested on Oct. 25 and charged with 11 counts of indecent liberties of a child, and seven counts of sex offense with a child by an adult.
His bond was increased from $1.9 million to $2.7 million, jail records indicate.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Leland Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Division at 910-371-1100.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- Pantry essentials to keep the family healthy this fall
- Advice for embarking on a new construction journey
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR
- Mental Wellness Wednesday: Seeking help from a psychiatrist vs. other professionals
- Grant helps Fayetteville police send backlog of sexual assault kits to be tested, leading to arrest in pair of 1990 rapes
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now