CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) – A man has been found guilty of two counts of felony child abuse following a series of incidents in which a 2-3 month-old victim suffered a series of injuries that investigators deemed to be intentional.
Dustin Allen Lewis, 34, has been sentenced to 18 to 24 years in prison as a result of the abuse. Lewis was accused by the prosecution of having caused the injuries to the child which led to her being taken to Levine’s Children Hospital in 2014.
The victim reportedly had suffered rib fractures prior to being admitted to the hospital and that there were also reports of fresh injuries inflicted about a week prior which caused a broken tibia, several more rib fractures, and multiple long-term injuries which still affect the victim today.
During an interview with investigators, Lewis described possibly throwing the baby up in the air, dropping her when throwing her in the air and allowing her to fall forward into a pool of water, hitting her head on the tub.
Lewis will serve his time as an inmate with the North Carolina Division of Adult Corrections.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now