WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A man pleaded guilty Tuesday to multiple child sex crimes, according to a news release from Winston-Salem police.
Brandon Helms Sr., 34, was sentenced to a minimum of 88 years and a maximum of 136 years in prison for three counts of statutory rape, one count of child abuse involving a sex act, three counts of indecent liberties with a child, five counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and three other sexual assault charges.
Helms was arrested on June 11, 2018, after an investigation revealed he had sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl repeatedly over a span of numerous years.
An investigation also revealed that Marcy Lynn Helms, 39, was aware of the sexual assaults and had failed to take appropriate actions.
Marcy Helms pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting Brandon Helms’ crimes on Oct. 23. She is due back in court for sentencing on Wednesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hospital surprises Mrs. Rogers with babies in cardigans on World Kindness Day
- US budget deficit surges to $134.5 billion in October
- Getting the Real ID: What you need to know
- Teachers rally, demand pay increase in NC
- New poll reveals how North Carolinians feel about impeachment and removal of Trump from office
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now