WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A man pleaded guilty Tuesday to multiple child sex crimes, according to a news release from Winston-Salem police.
Brandon Helms Sr., 34, was sentenced to a minimum of 88 years and a maximum of 136 years in prison for three counts of statutory rape, one count of child abuse involving a sex act, three counts of indecent liberties with a child, five counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and three other sexual assault charges.
Helms was arrested on June 11, 2018, after an investigation revealed he had sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl repeatedly over a span of numerous years.
An investigation also revealed that Marcy Lynn Helms, 39, was aware of the sexual assaults and had failed to take appropriate actions.
Marcy Helms pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting Brandon Helms’ crimes on Oct. 23. She is due back in court for sentencing on Wednesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- Two charged after body of missing student found buried in Mojave Desert
- Couple talks about final moments before NC fugitive taken into custody after manhunt
- NYC’s first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, dies at 93
- ‘That’s all I have’: Mom pleads for return of infant daughter’s stolen ashes