WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A man pleaded guilty Tuesday to multiple child sex crimes, according to a news release from Winston-Salem police.
Brandon Helms Sr., 34, was sentenced to a minimum of 88 years and a maximum of 136 years in prison for three counts of statutory rape, one count of child abuse involving a sex act, three counts of indecent liberties with a child, five counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and three other sexual assault charges.
Helms was arrested on June 11, 2018, after an investigation revealed he had sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl repeatedly over a span of numerous years.
An investigation also revealed that Marcy Lynn Helms, 39, was aware of the sexual assaults and had failed to take appropriate actions.
Marcy Helms pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting Brandon Helms’ crimes on Oct. 23. She is due back in court for sentencing on Wednesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Alabama man finds alligator swimming in his backyard pool
- Pregnant NC hit-and-run victim wants justice
- Navy investigates video of dogs attacking Kaepernick fill-in
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations drop to the lowest number in weeks
- Cumberland County declares state of emergency ahead of Isaias; no shelters currently opening
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now