DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A man and a woman from High Point were arrested in Davidson County after deputies found a child sitting on a pound of methamphetamine, according to warrants.
Warrants say Jasmere Wynn, 27, of High Point, and Taijidomonic Sha-Mecca Wynn, 30, of High Point, were both arrested on Sunday.
In addition to finding drugs and drug paraphernalia, deputies say they found a child under the age of 16 sitting on a pound of methamphetamine.
Taijidomonic Wynn was charged with child abuse, as well as possession of marijuana paraphernalia, possession of up to 1/2 ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute methamphetamine, maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for a controlled substance, and trafficking methamphetamine.
Jasmere Wynn was charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and trafficking methamphetamine.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now