DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A man and a woman from High Point were arrested in Davidson County after deputies found a child sitting on a pound of methamphetamine, according to warrants.
Warrants say Jasmere Wynn, 27, of High Point, and Taijidomonic Sha-Mecca Wynn, 30, of High Point, were both arrested on Sunday.
In addition to finding drugs and drug paraphernalia, deputies say they found a child under the age of 16 sitting on a pound of methamphetamine.
Taijidomonic Wynn was charged with child abuse, as well as possession of marijuana paraphernalia, possession of up to 1/2 ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute methamphetamine, maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for a controlled substance, and trafficking methamphetamine.
Jasmere Wynn was charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and trafficking methamphetamine.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- WATCH: Angry masked shoppers shout unmasked people out of grocery store
- Head of NC’s Division of Employment Security replaced effective immediately
- Trump threatens to regulate or close social media after Twitter fact-checks him
- Raleigh Harris Teeter manager sentenced to prison for running ‘gun pipeline’ to DC
- Tropical Storm Bertha makes landfall on SC coast, expected to reach inland NC tonight
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now