ARCHDALE, N.C. (WGHP) — Two people have been charged after a baby was taken to the hospital and later died last month, according to a news release from Archdale police.
Billy Ray Newsome III and Kendra Olivia Johnson are each charged with felony murder and felony child abuse inflicting serious injury.
On Nov. 9, Archdale police, along with firefighters and EMS, were called to 401 Lake Drive regarding a 4-month-old that wasn’t breathing.
The baby was taken to High Point Regional and then to Brenner Children’s Hospital. The baby was listed in extremely critical condition and passed away on Nov. 12.
On Dec. 18, Archdale police got a tip that Newsome was staying at a hotel in Spartanburg, South Carolina. He was taken into custody and is being held in the Spartanburg County Jail awaiting extradition to North Carolina.
Johnson taken into custody in Lexington and brought to the Randolph County Jail where she is being held without bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pence campaigns to enthusiastic crowd at Wilson County rally
- Wake Forest wins 4th straight, overpowering Syracuse 38-14
- Williams scores 2 TDs, Notre Dame stifles Georgia Tech 31-13
- Police use pepper spray, arrest 8 demonstrators at Graham voting rally
- Possible abduction reported in Fayetteville after teen girl seen forced into car, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now